jeudi 28 août 2014

Moving to Senegal (originally posted on facebook 9/9/2013)

This has been in the works since January, but it is finally official, official. I am moving to Senegal for a year and I am leaving on the 21st of September. I am going to work for an NGO called Tostan http://www.tostan.org/, on a child protection project in Thies. 

I am really excited if not also extremely anxious. The work will be exciting and the environment a big change from Paris. And I will also be away from Mikael and Beija. But the family has discussed this and we are all ok with the change. I hope I will have some visitors while I am there and if anyone has contacts in Dakar or Thies, I am eager to make as many friends as possible before and after I arrive. 

I am hoping to keep my blog regularly updated to let you know what I am doing and what I am seeing, and I will be taking tons of pictures so you can see a bit of what I will be seeing on the ground. And of course I will be on fb whenever I can to see what you are all doing and stay connected while I am gone. Big kisses to all my friends and family and start looking at plane tickets now.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire