jeudi 28 août 2014

A Quick Thought on Anniversaries: Good and Bad (originally posted on facebook 10/30/2013)

It amazes me how anniversaries, good or bad, can snap us out of our daily lives and routines and make us just sit back in stunned silence. Well, I am definitely having one of those moments right now. 

I lost a good friend 15 years ago and today would have been his 31st birthday. Time does heal all wounds, to a point, because there are times when you feel like its the day after and an intense grief and bewilderment overcomes you. Those times when it feels like not a single day has gone by. 

So I guess not all wounds heal, or at least they do not heal completely, and maybe that is not such a bad thing. So today I will be thinking about my best friend and the good times we shared, especially on his birthday.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire